A technology update from Chris, the Christmas Elf…
On Opening Weekend, we were blessed with so many wonderful visitors at Tom Sawyer’s Christmas Tree Farm & Elf Village.
Want to know where you can find old-fashioned family values combined with high tech tools? Right here! We are excited to have extra elves on staff, and will be using two new iPad’s to help your family choose just the right tree to take home.
Here’s how it works:
- You meet us in the information tent next to the chimney so you can see how our trees are priced, starting at $29. Did you know that a 5-6’ Fraser fir has been cared for, fertilized, and sheared for up to 10 years? Shearing is like getting a great haircut – it develops fuller, stronger branches over time, resulting in a more beautifully shaped, healthier tree.
- You get a measuring stick showing tree heights of 4’ and under, 5’ and under…all the way up to 13’ and under. So if your ceiling is 8’ high, you’d look for the perfect tree that is 8’ and under. Then, let the fun begin as your family searches through the field for your special tree!
- Once you choose your tree, tie half of your name ticket to it and lean the measuring stick against the tree. Wave down a crew member and show them where your tree is. Then, head over to the Big Red Barn with the other half of your ticket and show it to the staff.
- While you’re waiting, enjoy hot cider, cookies, and holiday music while you roam the gift shop or visit us in the Elf Village. Our wreath making elves have been hard at work, and Myra makes the prettiest bows! Keep an eye out for Maggie, our new Scottie puppy. She’s been tuckered out at the end of the day from all the excitement!
- Our new iPad system allows our helpers to communicate to the gift shop that your tree has been cut, baled, and tagged, and is now ready to be paid for.
- Drive your car to the loading depot (near the information booth and chimney) and our crew will load it for you and tie it down.
It’s good old-fashioned, high-tech fun made easy for the whole family!
~Chris, the Christmas Tree Elf